Monday, February 10, 2014

A New Product Manager at Mosek

Dear all,
my name is Andrea Cassioli, and I am glad to announce that from February the 1st, I am the new Mosek Product Manager.

Let me introduce myself briefly: my background is a blend of computer science and operational research. I got a PhD. in Computer Science at the University of Florence (IT) working on heuristic methods for difficult global optimization problems. Then I worked as Post-Doc researcher at the University of Florence (IT), the Massachusetts General Hospital (US) and lastly at the Ecole Polytechnique (FR). My research topics has been always focused on solving optimization problems from real-life applications, as for instance machine-learning, urban traffic equilibrium, radiotherapy planning, structural biology. I enjoy coding in several programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java).

I'd like to thank the Mosek CEO E. Andersen for choosing me for this position and all the people  at Mosek for the help they are providing me in this initial period.

I look forward to work with all of you and give my contribute to the grow of the company!

Best,
Andrea Cassioli